I currently live in California and work at Stripe. I grew up in Ireland and previously studied at MIT.
Things I'm involved with and areas of interest:
- Economic growth. Stripe's core mission.
- Entrepreneurship. Stripe Atlas helps many new companies get started.
- Climate. Stripe Climate is the largest coalition of carbon removal purchasers in the world.
- Housing production. CA YIMBY is pushing for important reform; so too is Ronan Lyons. (See also the housing theory of everything.)
- Books and ideas. Stripe Press publishes books about economic and technological advancement. Tyler Cowen and I helped start Progress Studies.
- Science. Arc Institute is a new way to do biomedical research. Fast Grants distributed substantial amounts to scientists during the COVID pandemic.
A few interviews from the past few years. They're mostly about Stripe but other topics make their way in too: