In July 2019, Tyler Cowen and I wrote a piece for the Atlantic entitled We Need a New Science of Progress. I'm collecting some of the responses to it below.
- A Progress Studies framework — Jasmine Wang
- The Puzzle of Economic Progress — Diane Coyle
- Is There a Science of Progress? — Adam Thierer
- A Progress Studies Manifesto — Francis Jervis
- Progress book recommendations — Daniel May
- Failure Studies — Tom Pepinsky
- A Twitter thread from David Chapman
- A Twitter thread from Noah Smith
- A Twitter thread from Patrick Fessenbecker
- Three interesting Twitter threads from Nicolas Colin
- Some newsletter commentary from Samuel Hammond
Please let me know if there are thoughtful responses (positive or negative) that I'm missing.