People sometimes ask me about interesting places to go work. I of course think that Stripe is a good answer, and there are lots of other interesting options in the software/internet industry. But here are some other options to consider:
- Arc Institute is trying to pioneer new ways to make biomedical discoveries.
- Our World in Data. To generate progress, we should understand how we're doing. Our World in Data is dedicated to quantitatively analyzing some of our most important global issues.
- Terraform Industries seeks to "profitably deliver industrial scale atmospheric hydrocarbon synthesis and drive down net flux of crustal CO2 into the atmosphere".
- Visby is making cheap, sophisticated, at-home diagnostics devices.
- Rain is building drones that aim to contain wildfires within 10 minutes of ignition.
- Tyler Cowen has a list of interesting problems to work on.